Pedagogy is a significant part of my work. I have a garden-variety teaching experience with philosophy students, but also with the students of ethics, social communication and public policy. During my 10-year experience of teaching (4 years as a phd student, 6 years as an assistant professor) I have been giving various classes at AMU Institute of Philosophy:
- Practical Philosophy and Praxiology (2014-15: for ethics students),
- Kotarbiński’s Action Theory (since 2014-15: facultative),
- Intention (2013-14: facultative, in English),
- Metaethics (since 2012-13: for ethics students),
- Pragmatism (since 2011-12: for philosophy; 2016-17: for social communication students),
- History of Ancient and Medieval Philosophy (2010-11, 2011-12: for ethics students),
- Contemporary Analytical Metaethics (2011-12: facultative);
- Collective Intentionality (2014-15: facultative, in English),
- Rorty’s Philosophy and the Mirror of Nature (2014-15: facultative),
- Praxiology (2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14: facultative),
- Value Theory (2012-13: for ethics students),
- Retorics and Eristics (2011-12: for social communication students),
- Self-governance (2012-13: facultative, in English),
- Ethics (2010-11, 2016-17: for philosophy students; 2013-14: for social communication students),
- Kant’s Critique of Practical Reason (2009-10: facultative),
- Ancient Greek for Philosophers (2007-08: facultative),
- Ethics and Culture of Public Policy (2006-07, 2008-09, 2010-11, 2015-16: for public policy students),
- Social Philosophy (2006-07: for public policy students);
I prefer interactive style of work which sensibly uses presentations and invites students to actively participate in classes. Exams under my guidance are either oral or written depending on students’ democratic decision made at the beginning of each class. To improve my pedagogy I collect students’ feedback about the content and style of my teaching.
Supervision & Mentorship.
My teaching pensum includes also supervision of student’s work at BA level (from 2010-11) and MA level (from 2015-16). So far 8 students asked me to officialy supervise their work.